International Development Mission's work is directed by the communities we serve in Kenya. Our philosophy is to develop strong relationships with local partner communities to produce sustainable, long-term projects within those communities.
To develop long-term community based relationships to that lead to sustainable, low cost projects that increase the quality and appreciation of life.
IDM is a true grass roots effort that began with the vision of a small group of individuals in 2001. The 503(c)3 non-profit originally functioned as an outreach ministry of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Sparks, Nevada. IDM incorporated in Nevada in 2004, and since that time has pursued cooperative efforts between non-profits, the University of Nevada, Reno, health care entities and other faith-based organizations. Our mission is founded in faith based approaches to provide medical care, clean water, and education projects in Kenya.
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED
- Constructed a no-turn away clinic in Mua Hills Kenya
- Financed the continuous operations of the Mua Hills Medical Clinic
- Constructed a learning center for students of all ages in Mua Hills
- Installed multiple wells throughout Kenya
- Instructed locals how to build rain catchment system using low cost local materials
- Developed low cost erosion control processes for locals to use